May 16, 2006

Happy Birthday, dear Rasha!!

3 years gone by since your birthday, my first dinner out with Palestinian friends. At Askadinya*, where your brother Jack (? my memory is getting worse...) works. By the way, greetings to all your family, especially to the small ones and to sweet Maria.

Oddly, I don't remember what I've offered you but I know you wanted to buy some shoes for Fadi. Belated happy birthday to him too!
Can't tell you how much I miss Jerusalem and those times. It was a great period of my life. And I thank you for being there all the way!

I wish you a wonderful year, may it all flow nice, smoothly and HAPPILY in this new period of your life! ;)

*Askadiniya
"The Loquat tree in Arabic is called "Askdinya" which, literally translated, means "the best of all worlds." The setting for this Jerusalem restaurant is a lovely covered garden in an historical Arab house with classical music and an assortment of international cuisine. . . . . and, yes, there is an Askadinya tree in the center of the garden !! "

in Jerusalem Restaurant Review (Mount of Olives Hotel) by Ibrahim Dawud.

No comments: