April 26, 2006

Bimby

I made a great acquisition yesterday. Becoming 'of age' has its consequences.
Leaving Mom's house, this time not to go 'to the field' (where I usually have somebody who cooks during the week) but to go to my place, my own personal home sweet home (where I'm suppose to cook for myself everyday, and that's every single day or almost, and for some guests once in a while) means - since it's a Portuguese house, of course - it means, I was saying, to be able to cook. And that means cooking 'proper' food.
Now, for some of my friends and family, veggie salad and pasta al pesto (don't start dreaming already, I only tried to do the sauce at home once) isn't real food.
Plus I'd love to learn how to make a good carrot & peas rabbit stew...

Since I'm going to have my flat on my own, there isn't a wedding list anywhere (can't have it all, can we?). So... I bought a present for myself - a super-multi-purpose-do-it-all-in-no-time machine... the BIMBY!!!

Though scholars say women can only be in love with one 'subject' at a time, I can assure you that's not true. I'm in love with KY for 2 years now and I just fell in love with Bimby. :)
The wonderful thing is that having it means I'll have more time for KY (who demands a great deal of attention as you already know) and also have more time for me and for you!

Check out the link ... (above in Portuguese, here in English)

Ah...and this post doesn't mean I'm going to spend all my spare time cooking - I did it once and, apart from the food (which was valorated as really good as in 'you could cook instead of us going to the restaurant, what do you think?), the results weren't all that great.
But I can, at least, go back to holding nice dinner parties, even if I don't have my dear Renata geographically so close these days.

2 comments:

Conceição said...

uma boa compra

Susana G Santos said...

Tens uma? Ainda não recebi a minha porque não tenho estado em casa mas estou ansiosa! Até já sonhei que estava a cozinhar!... Só não me lembro que prato estava a fazer :)