September 08, 2007

Short news

Time does fly...
Work seems (is) endless and the last few weeks have been intense. Firing people for example is never a pleasant task... However, little by little, some files seem to be solved or, at least, are on the good track although there's still a lot to be done. Paso a paso, my supervisor says...
First desperate measures at the office - I had to put a sign on my door saying "Closed, except for A or B" (A & B being the top priority files). :-s
Nevertheless, people still knock and knock until I answer a not willing at all "Yes?" and someone shows a apologetic face with a 'I only need a minute' or 'I know you're very busy but...' or 'Sorry, I really need your opinion/feedback/signature'. Signatures are Ok, but everything else never takes a minute... Grrrrr!!!
Desperate measures again - me and my team went to work yesterday. Such a bliss to work with nobody in the office, no telephone ringing... Too bad it can't be like that more often. But the door will be definitely closed for the rest of the week or until we finish the audit.

At home... the translation is still ongoing (I can't even explain it to myself anymore), so I still haven't seen my friends over here nor have been out much. My colleagues went to the Oktoberfest in Taybeh today and I'm here, in front of the computer. Each one has what s/he deserves... :)
I did however go out for dinner yesterday - I really needed a break. Everybody seemed to have plans (normal...) so, after watching the Bourne Ultimatum (my feedback here) with the boss and la mamma, me and the boss went out for dinner at the Lotus & Olive Garden. The vegetarian lasagna was OK, the Corona tasted wonderful (!!) and it was lovely to be outside in the garden (sorry, couldn't find any pics of the garden).
Ah... and la mamma had cooked a delicious fig pie in the afternoon! yummy!... :)

Oh... I almost forgot the usual travel notes:
- Reema is back and so is the good food :) (will have to go back to kitcheree when I'm back home);
- the weather is getting cooler, it's often cloudy in the morning, pretty windy most days, guess the Summer is bidding farewell. So I might go to the Dead Sea next week :) (or else I won't be able to go at all! :-s ).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Locked Susie... Well, it seems to be for the best, right?
Too bad about the Oktoberfest... But anyway, It's good you had a break, with a movie and a garden dinner (gotta read your feedback on the movie, I liked the "other two Bournes"). You really needed it ;)
As for each one having what is deserved: you deserve Reema's return and dipping your feet in the Dead Sea :) Looks like you've been and will be getting your little tokens from the Universe after all (hope you like this translation).
I emailed you, but I should have known better, busy as usual. So... never mind :)
Just enjoy your new sandals and Reema's goodies.
See you! ;)