July 15, 2007

Picnic in Tubas (updated)

Hard-working day today... we left at 8.15 am for a picnic near Tubas (up north) with the team from the base. It was the only base open when I was here, so I had the chance of meeting again some of my former colleagues - it was great...!
And I do love the food around here!... :-)

For those of are keen on the gastronomy details, on the menu there was:
- hoummous - chick peas paste with olive oil and tehina (sesame paste)
- tzaziki - plain yogurt with cucumber and herbs
- tomato salad - finely chopped tomato and cucumber with lots of parsley
- roasted tomatoes and onions
- finely grated carrot salad and finely grated cabbage and carrot salad
- grilled chicken and french fries
- meat 'balls' (here they're done with a cylindrical shape and some herb I can never quite figure what it is)

And I guess that was all... Ah, and watermelon for dessert. And coffee (with cardamome, of course) and minted tea (black tea with mint leaves in).

Thanks for the emails. :) I'll probably only have time to answer on the weekend.

Till then, take care habibi/habibti (queridos e queridas)

No comments: