May 01, 2014

19/04 - Delicious capitaine... and an unexpected finale :s

Happy Easter everyone!!!

The week went by, day after day, task after task. Fast, in a blur, working like a mad and enjoying it.
Like Zuzi & Ric told me... that can' be good. But I do feel good. Honestly. Which can only confirm a certain degree of madness...

Murakami's "Baila, Baila, Baila" still ongoing. I'm at that point where I'm nearly finishing and don't want to... There's always a sense of loss when you're finishing a great book.

Got some comments from Guinean people on my blog. Weird... The blog is in Portuguese, most of it anyway. It got me thinking, my blog is public, but it's not listed... And then it hit me: search engines...
Amazing enough: I type "conakry news" on google and out of 6.760.000 results, one of my posts is the 6th!... just between NYTimes and ABCnews. What?... :-p
OK, changing the title... :-D


It's the weekend again. The week did fly by...
Another wonderful day spent at the beach with a couple of friends. Still Kassa island but a different beach.
Walking on the beach, playing beach paddle ball, a nice siesta hmmmm, started a new book "L'enfant de Nöe" by Eric-Emmanuel Schmitt, I feel it'll get me crying at certain points.




At lunch, the biggest and most delicious capitaine I've had since I'm here...
And... I finally learned - or managed - to open bottles without a bottle-opener. How cool is that??



And coming back, we had to get our feet into... the mud, let's say the mud, most of it it's just mud. Totally yacky! arrrghhh
We did washed our feet and legs with water and bleach. I actually soaked my feet in a bleach solution. Twice.








So that you understand better the whole bleach thing, here is the departure picture...
See all the garbage behind?... Won't tell you all the things we've seen, as we had to walk until getting in the pirogue... Right...

No comments: