January 24, 2006

Replacement problems

For those who still didn’t believe… my booking was confirmed this afternoon. Departure date is set for the 5th. Eh!eh!eh!, I scared you with the post title, didn’t I?
Madrid is sending another expatriate to finish the accountancy and train the new national administrator so calm down your hearts… this time is for real.
I’m also counting down the days, although I feel sorry for leaving the staff and the “Leger family”. They’ve all been wonderful with me and I know it will be hard to say goodbye (once again… it’s one of the reasons I must stop doing this job…).
Answering your question, it’s not that I can’t stand being here, it’s more that I have too many things/people pulling me back - lucky me!...
And I have to admit (and now I am sure!) that I much rather go back to my yoga lessons than spending all my days with accountancy and financial reports. I can get both things in some sort of professional mix (proportions yet to be decided) but only admin-finance, no, never again!
Please remind me next time temptation strikes, will you?!...

Last Friday, my boss and I almost choked when the candidate we had chosen as national administrator - and with whom I had started the hand-over already! – wrote to tell that wasn’t available anymore. What??
‘Rumination’ period over the weekend, crisis meeting on Monday and 2nd best contacted. He wants the job. Perfect! You won’t believe it but it’s the 3rd time in 1.5 months that a candidate for a key post disappears after accepting the post… and this time salary was not the issue. Feitiço?? Gosh!
Well, it’s solved. Hip, hip, hurrah! I’ll try to keep you posted on the hand-over evolution, specially, on its best moments, it’s always funny to see the reactions of the rookies. :)

Meanwhile, we have an audit going on, of a project funded by the European Union.
My heart and thoughts are with all of you who have embraced the challenging career of auditor. You were probably a very, very 'badly-behaved' human on your last life…

No comments: