May 01, 2007

Saudades

Saudade (soundtrack to this post)

- Yves Rocher body gel reminds me of the time I lived in Paris*, while working for ITM. I had a customer card for the Yves Rocher shop, which entitled me to monthly gifts and great discounts (like these), so I visited the shop 2-3 times a month.

- I take Juni for a walk near one of the gyms where I teach. The soil, the vegetation, the field relief, it all reminds me of the landscape at the back of the house in Jerusalem.

- '74 - '75 - The Connells. It always, always brings back the memories of my high school years. Life was so easy, so light. Our History teacher (Bélia, I wonder where she is now?) was right. Don't rush, enjoy these leisure times while you have them... :-)

- It's my life - Bon Jovi. East Timor, my first mission, such wonderful memories of so many things, moments, of incredibly special people. Thank you all, wherever you are, I'll never forget you. (Click here for a 'karaoke' version, if you don't know the lyrics.)

"Time goes by, some things never die."
I have these words in my head and keep thinking they are from a certain song, song that I'm unable to recall or to find searching the Internet. I did find Keane using them in two different songs though: Time goes by, some things never die.

* interesting discovery: city daily photo blogs. To explore by the end of the Summer (that's when I'll have time, you'll know why on a later post).

No comments: