May 17, 2007

Kitcheree 2007 - recipes and temptations

After checking last year's notes (here), I think this year I did pretty well, less temptations and certainly less 'faults'.
I now have 3 days until the end of the diet, which means I've followed it for 48 days so far, with two days in the middle where I 'slipped'... :)

- day 1 - basic soup, onions, carrots, parsnip, bit of cabbage.
- day 5 - kitcheree curry with celery and leek. :s I decided I will never buy that mix again, unbearably bitter!
- day 7 - lunch at F & D's place. First temptation: buttery toasts... but I resisted!
- day 9 - the third time you can't miss! Absolutely great! with mushrooms (hmmm..) and I added a bit more spices, to make it more interesting.
- day 11 - I dreamt I was having a large café au lait, had first ordered a croissant but then settled for a nice homemade bread sandwich with cheese... Only 'remembered' I couldn't be having that when the sandwich was almost over (all in the dream). I wake up, have my youghurt with banana slices and a pear and, in the evening, the mentioned 'chocolate breakdown', which made me restart the 40-day cycle.
- a few days after, I repeated the mushrooms recipe, but did a little sauté with onions and wild mushrooms first (no grease, just pepper, basil and nutmeg) and only then added it to the stew. Yummyy!!
- day 18 (phase I), day 5 (phase II) - another birthday... :s and G.'s Ferrari cake looked delicious! but I didn't touch it.
- other recipes: carrots and broccoli with pepper, nutmeg, ginger and a bit of paprika; okra curry; carrots and zucchini seasoned with cinnamon, hhmmm...; adding some fresh coriander in the end is always a good idea.

No comments: